Revivify Revenue Cycle Consulting is a medical billing company that is passionate about helping those who suffer from hair loss get their medical wigs covered by insurance. We do this by partnering with hair stylists who can help you get the wig you want. In this blog post, we’ll review what to look for in a medical wig. Contact us today to learn more!
WHAT IS A MEDICAL WIG?
A medical wig is a wig paid for by an insurance company for those suffering from hair loss from a medical condition, such as alopecia or prescription medications, for instance. Losing your hair can change how you perceive yourself, and it can affect your self-esteem as well.
5 TIPS FOR BUYING A MEDICAL WIG
- Shop around, and do your research. Not all medical wigs are created equal. Some use real human hair; others use a synthetic material. Those that are made of real hair are usually more expensive and look more natural. They are also easy to style, so you can change your look easily. These wigs last about one year. Synthetic wigs are cheaper and can be worn as soon as you get them. However, Revivify Revenue Cycle recommends that you consider the fact that synthetic wigs only last on average around four months. They also have built-in memory so you don’t have to style them every day.
- Find one that fits. You’ll want to find a medical wig that fits your head, which can make shopping online for one difficult. The last thing you want is to constantly be adjusting your medical wig when you’re out and about in front of people. You’ll also want to make sure it doesn’t itch. Again, do you really want to be constantly itching your scalp in front of others?
- Consider a wig cap. A wig cap is a very thin material, much like a shower cap, that goes under your medical wig to help prevent it from itching. However, wig caps can make your head hot, especially in the summer months.
- Get your wig professionally styled. You’ll want to make sure your wig fits your face as best as possible. Revivify Revenue Cycle, a medical billing company, recommends that you take your medical wig to a stylist who can then shape it for your face and style it. This can make a world of difference both in how you perceive yourself and in how natural it looks on.
- Care for your wig. Properly caring for your medical wig will extend its shelf life dramatically. You’ll want to buy a stand and store your wig on it when not in use. Caring for a medical synthetic wig versus a natural wig is different, so Revivify Revenue Cycle recommends you follow all care instructions that come with your medical wig purchase.
HOW REVIVIFY REVENUE CYCLE CAN HELP
Revividy Revenue Cycle helps you with medical wig insurance coverage. We work with hair stylists as well as your insurance company by following all of the steps to get your medical wig covered. You don’t have to be embarrassed any longer or feel uncomfortable. Let us help you during your time of need. Contact us today to get started!