Drug infusion medical billing takes practice and patience when first starting out. Revivify Revenue Cycle has years of experience in infusion billing and collection and understands the special care and knowledge involved. Below are more details on our tips above.
- The infusion hierarchy for medication type is: 1) Chemotherapy / Complex Biologic 2) Therapeutic / Diagnostic substance 3) Hydration
- The infusion hierarchy for route of administration is: 1) Intravenous Infusions (IV) 2) Intravenous Pushes (IVP) 3) Injections (Sub-Q, IM)
- Drug infusion billing is billed by the amount of time the patient is being infused. Make sure you have a reference handy to get the times and codes right.
- The only time you’ll use hydration billing is for IV fluids only.
- Know the different definitions to help eliminate infusion medical billing errors. An infusion is when therapeutic fluids are administered intravenously over a period of time. An injection is forcing liquid into the body by a needle or syringe. Hydration is the administration of prepackaged fluids without drugs.
- Keep your AMA’s Current Procedural Terminology reference book handy, and use it often.
- It’s a good idea to have a second pair of eyes check your work before you submit claims for infusion medical billing. All errors result in costly errors that cost the medical practice money.
Revivify Revenue Cycle keep abreast of infusion medical billing, so you don’t have to. As a busy medical practice, focus on patient care if paramount. Let us do the heavy lifting when it comes to billing, while you do the heart lifting by healing and treating patients, making the world better one person at a time. Contact us today for all your drug infusion medical billing needs!
When it comes to prescription drugs, the billing process gets pretty complex. Whether the drug is administered in your office, at a hospital, or within a patient’s home, you’ll want our team’s financial help. We’re proud members of the Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA), so we know how to keep your processes on the straight and narrow. We’ll handle the heavy lifting so you can focus on your patients.
Navigate Prescription Drug Billing With Ease
Many parties have to participate in order to get medications to patients who need them. Because each insurance plan handles medications differently, special care must be taken when billing for them. At RRCC, we’ve lived in the world of medical billing for decades, so we’ve seen pretty much everything. We know what works and what doesn’t. Best of all, we know how to move things along so you can give your patients what they need that much sooner.
Avoid Costly Errors
When it comes to medications, mistakes can be very expensive for you and your patients. The RRCC team is careful, experienced, and dedicated to excellence. We should be the ones handling the complexities of medication billing. Free up your team to focus on your patients instead! Learn more in your free consultation today.